Are you studying the topic of Divorce, or want to explore more biblical views on this subject? Follow the links below to discover articles and resources from other websites. We do not necessarily agree with all the content in these articles or websites, but we do recommend them as material to help you discover more on this subject.
- When Does the Bible Allow Divorce? – Christianity Today article from 2016, written by Rebecca Florence Miller.
Your best friend, Annie, finally works up the courage to make a coffee date with you and get real. “I just can’t do it anymore,” she says, eyes downcast as she traces the outline of her cup. “I constantly catch him watching pornography; he puts me down all the time; he is forceful in the bedroom. A couple times lately, he really lost his temper and scared the kids badly. I don’t know what to do. God wants us to honor marriage no matter what, right?” What do you say?
- What God Has Joined – Christianity Today article from 2007 by David Instone-Brewer.
I was being interviewed for what would be my first church pastorate, and I was nervous and unsure what to expect. The twelve deacons sat in a row in front of me and took turns asking questions, which I answered as clearly as I could. All went smoothly until they posed this question: “What is your position on divorce and remarriage? Would you remarry a divorcée or divorced man?”
- Divorce & Remarriage – Videos and articles on walkworthy.org by David Instone-Brewer.
The current divorce and remarriage understanding and practice is a mess by and large in the current day Body of Christ. These short videos and teachings will help you tremendously as it has us here at Walk Worthy! David’s books are also mentioned here.
- How to Help a Friend Through a Dying Marriage – Christianity Today article from 2018 by Bailey Suzio.
I walked a dear friend through the grief of a dying marriage last year. After less than two years enjoying what she thought was a wonderful marriage, she discovered the lies and the multiple infidelities her husband had been covering up since before they were married. Even worse, he was unrepentant for his numerous betrayals. It was the first and only time I ever counseled anyone to seek a divorce.
- What Children Experience (and How to Help) – Focus on the Family article by Simon J. Dahlman about the effects of divorce on children and helping them walk through it.
“I remember people telling my sisters and me that they didn’t know we’d come from a broken home,” Theresa Garbe said. “In a twisted kind of way, I considered that a compliment. We may have been screwed up, but it wasn’t obvious.” A longtime director of alumni relations at Milligan College and a colleague of mine, Theresa was 10 years old in November 1978 when her parents divorced. Her mother moved Theresa and her two younger sisters (6 and 4) from Wellsburg, W.Va., to Johnson City, Tenn., where Theresa’s grandparents and other relatives lived.
- The fresh start, Divorce Recovery Workbook, Bob Burns & Tom Whiteman – (Work)Book published in 1992. See on Amazon.com
The Bible-based insights included in this revised and updated edition will give you the practical tools you need to recover from the trauma of divorce and complete the journey toward wholeness after the painful breakup of a marriage. Questions, self-tests, exercises, and practical information…
- Get trained in Divorce Coaching at the Lightuniversity.com (part of American Association of Christian Counselors)
You can buy a series of 12 lessons on DVD… Divorce is rampant in the world today and nearly 40% of the children who wake up in America every day, wake up without a father in their home. This course will give you the tools you need to help people walk through the process of grief and forgiveness. The insights in this course will also help guide your clients toward building new relationships and blended families.
- Divorce Care: Find help, Discover hope, Experience Healing. A website to a network of people on www.divorcecare.com
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. DivorceCare groups are in English unless otherwise noted. Groups are meeting in Australia, Belgium, Canada, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hong Kong, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, South Africa, Uganda, United Kingdom, United States, Zimbabwe.
- Broken, Yet Whole – a book on the journey of recovery after Divorce by Bram de Blouw, available through this web shop.
Divorce is a deeply drastic and profound personal loss for both partners. For Christians it can have a huge impact on their faith, causing them to have all sorts of questions about the Biblical view on the breakup with their partner. This book is for everyone who struggles with these issues.
For more details or order contact us: email@example.com (the book is available in multiple languages and is open for more translations)
- Divorce and Remarriage in the Church – Biblical solutions for pastoral realities. A book on Divorce & the Bible available on Amazon, by David Instone-Brewer.
Divorce and remarriage are major issues that churches face today. Some say that divorce and remarriage is never allowed. Others say that both are permitted, but only under certain circumstances. So who’s right? In Divorce and Remarriage in the Church, Dr. David Instone-Brewer brings clarity to an unclear subject. After three years of research into the background literature of the Bible, he explains that the Bible isn’t as unclear on the subject of divorce as many think.