September 15, 2013 - February 21, 2014
The purpose of the school is to train you to set up seminars, camps, and family ministry programs in your nation and equip you to counsel couples and families.
The FMS focuses on eight core sections:
1. World View of Family/Biblical Foundations - To give students an understanding of the biblical view of marriage and family life.
2. The Marriage Relationship - To give students basic instruction and input regarding the marriage relationship. To equip students in the use of a premarital preparation tool.
3. A Marriage Seminar - To equip students with a marriage seminar package.
4. Parenting Issues - To give students basic, introductory, biblical material regarding parenting issues.
5. A Parenting Seminar - To equip students with a parenting seminar.
6. Family Systems - To introduce the students to the concept of family systems counseling and basic family systems tools.
7. Counseling Techniques and Skills - To introduce students to basic counseling skills and techniques.
8. The Role of the Family in Ministry - To train families to minister together and to fulfill their destiny in ministry and missions.
It is possible to do a two months field assignment following the lecture phase in order to integrate previous classroom studies with practical service application. Students serve on teams which conduct marriage and parenting seminars, and also help in planning and conducting family camps. They participate in a limited amount of supervised family counseling throughout the program. For students with families, the field assignment affords opportunities for the family to minister together as a team.
Contact: YWAM Family Ministries Netherlands